- The definition of a program is a defined objective, for a defined audience, with no definitive end date.
- When the objective or audience changes, we should create a new program.
- The definition of a creative change is when the “bones” of the program stay static but the ad creative needs to be refreshed.
- There are two types of creative:
- Branding Creative – used to reinforce the brand in peoples’ minds. Not trying to evoke a measurable, response.
- Direct response – used to drive a response, gather and measure data.
- The truth is in the data when it comes to identifying when a creative change is necessary.
- If there are frequent changes in audience, there will be a lot of program changes. But, ad creative can last longer.
Charity of the Week:
We hope you want to join us on our journey. Find us on IterativeMarketing.net, the hub for the methodology and community. Email us at [email protected]ing.net, follow us on twitter at @iter8ive or join The Iterative Marketing Community LinkedIn group.
The Iterative Marketing Podcast is a production of Brilliant Metrics, a consultancy helping brands and agencies rid the world of marketing waste.
Onward and upward!