- Customer journey mapping is the documentation of the customer as they move through your sales cycle.
- Journey maps help organizations target their collateral toward customers based on their thoughts and motivations with your brand.
- Mapping the customer journey is the third actionable component of Iterative Marketing.
- Our model is based on Avinash Kaushik’s framework “See, Think, Do” and is expanded to include “Grow” and “Give.”
- While personas capture your target audience in a specific moment in time, customer journey mapping animates your persona as they move through the process of interacting with your brand.
Charity of the Week:
University of Minnesota Eric Tobias Johnson Music Scholarship
Six Actionable Components are the actions we take as marketers to implement Iterative Marketing. They don’t have to be implemented all at once. They are:
- Brand Discovery: Uncover how your buying audience feels about your product or service and how they rationalize the decision to buy.
- Persona Discovery: Document the individuals involved in the buying process in a way that allows us to empathize with them in a consistent way.
- Journey Mapping: Plot the stages and paths of the persona lifecycle, documenting each persona’s unique state of mind, needs and concerns at each stage.
- Channel and Content Alignment: Align every piece of content and marketing channel/activity to a primary persona and primary marketing stage, identifying new channels and content needs where opportunities exist.
- Experimentation and Optimization: Conduct thoughtful experiments designed to produce statistically significant business insights and apply the results to optimize performance.
- Reporting and Feedback: Report and review data and insights to drive decisions in content and strategy, as well as information to be used by the organization as a whole.
We hope you want to join us on our journey. Find us on IterativeMarketing.net, the hub for the methodology and community. Email us at [email protected], follow us on twitter at @iter8ive or join The Iterative Marketing Community LinkedIn group.
The Iterative Marketing Podcast is a production of Brilliant Metrics, a consultancy helping brands and agencies rid the world of marketing waste.
Producer: Heather Ohlman
Transcription: Emily Bechtel
Music: SeaStock Audio
Onward and upward
Leave a Reply