- Traditional media requires a different strategy than digital media.
- We recommend listening to episode 18, Aligning Content With Your Customer Journey for added context.
- Digital allows marketers to mix first-party and third-party data to target an individual. Traditional doesn’t afford that luxury, outside of direct mail.
- The customer journey state is broken into different states, See, Think, Do, Grow and Give.
- The journey state is not always known of our audience targeted with traditional media. In general, it’s mostly See.
- Every traditional medium — TV, radio/podcast, print, outdoor, direct mail — has its tradeoffs, which we will explore.
Charity of the Week:
We hope you want to join us on our journey. Find us on IterativeMarketing.net, the hub for the methodology and community. Email us at [email protected], follow us on twitter at @iter8ive or join The Iterative Marketing Community LinkedIn group.
The Iterative Marketing Podcast is a production of Brilliant Metrics, a consultancy helping brands and agencies rid the world of marketing waste.
Producer: Heather Ohlman
Transcription: Reena Venkata
Music: SeaStock Audio
Onward and upward!